I am a computer programmer and this cozy little place is what I call (online) home. I love creating software to solve my own problems and have a tendency to get infinitely attracted to any reasonably cool SDK, platform, or framework. As you will find by yourself, I write a lot about these in my blog and on Twitter.
Check out the links in the links menu above to know more about me. Or head over to one of these blog categories:
- Coding & Tech 💻 – software development quirks and technologies that interest me
- Tutorials 👨💻 – I tend to frequently share interesting things I’ve learned
- Projects & Experiments 🧪 – yeah, I’m that guy who’s always doing something
- Public Speaking 📢 – I love to occasionally take the mic and speak about (mostly tech) stuff I’m passionate about
- Open-Source ♾ – this world wouldn’t be a better place without it
- Literary Pursuits 📚 – books I’ve read and stories/poems I’ve written
- Music 🎸🎹 – as a wanna-be guitarist and pianist, I share music that inspires me
- Life & Thoughts 🧘♂️ – small chapters from my life, lessons learned and random thoughts
What I’ve Been Upto Lately…
- India Women’s Cricket TeamSome newspapers have dropped “women’s” from the team’s name while reporting news about them. The Morning Standard does that persistently. It has become very difficult to tell whether the team that’s being talked about–is it men’s or women’s. That, I think, is a good thing. It’s the real victory of… Read more: India Women’s Cricket Team
- Gadget Alert: Kindle ScribeAnother obligatory gadget post, but this one’s quite late. I ordered it online at Amazon Spain in early November of 2023 in the pre-Black Friday sale and got it in my hands from my sister in late November. It’s been a couple of months of reading books on a large… Read more: Gadget Alert: Kindle Scribe
- Is there such a thing as European Americans?Sure, there’s a Wikipedia page about it. And if you do a quick Google search, you’ll find more references to the term, mostly in academic context. But if it’s a well-known term, how come we don’t hear it often in social and popular media? Instead what we hear are terms… Read more: Is there such a thing as European Americans?
- Gadget Alert: Steam Deck 256GBSo, I finally got it. Only because of my company’s generous travel program that earns you money when you travel for work (see Rocketrip). It’s not easy to get a Steam Deck in India: it’s officially not available yet. The ones available on Amazon are pretty expensive. After some research,… Read more: Gadget Alert: Steam Deck 256GB
- Joys of joggingThe lure of high-intensity workouts is such that we often ignore how doing something less intense but more consistently is likely better for our health. And how the media and other people extoll the virtues of HIIT and running doesn’t help either. My running regime lasted more than a couple… Read more: Joys of jogging