1. Hank and Dusty were different dogs. Some people wondered why the name of Kents’ dog changed.
2. There was a truck repair shop called Sullivan’s; perhaps to honor the character of Chloe Sullivan in Smallville?
3. Amy Adams also appeared in a guest role in Smallville.
4. Henry Cavill looked like Tom Welling (Clark Kent in Smallville) in some poses.
5. Smallville water tank was shown in a fight scene, the only reference to the name of Superman’s childhood hometown.
6. Superman’s suit was from Krypton, that’s why it didn’t wear.
7. There was Dr. Emil Hamilton. Hamilton was an employee of the Queen Industries and a key figure in the the later seasons of Smallville.
8. We could see a LexCorp branded truck-trailer being thrown by Zod onto Superman. Lex Luther coming up in sequel?
9. Too fast paced. Could have (should have) split the story into 2 movies.
10. Zero chemistry between Lois and Clark.
11. Too much destruction. The Clark who rushed from nowhere to save falling unknowns didn’t care about destroying entire buildings full of people (we could easily see that not all buildings of Metropolis were evacuated).
The Downloads page here has been updated by new stuff, like a report-cum-seminar on Introduction to Linux – A beginner’s approach. I have also updated the Resume page with the latest version of my resume. Further updates have come in the Movies section too, with myself giving my views and reviews on the about the movies I watched recently – Ocean’s Twelve, Good Will Hunting, Rock On!!, Equilibrium and The Spiderwick Chronicles.
I am also working on improving the Jumbled Words game I prepared in Python some time ago.
The college is going fine but with tight schedules. Also, perheps, it’s time to change my modem as it has been giving my constant annoyances since more than two weeks and giving me hindrance in coming online. I am just frustrated due to it! 🙁
Assignments from college are pouring in, and so are the little and big projects from the HOD and the Computer Center in my department in college.
Cricket season is off these days. I am waiting for the forthcoming Australia-India test series to begin.
I am finding the Cryptography subject, a part of my college curriculum, very interesting.
PC-BSD 7 has been released which is looking pretty interesting at the moment, though I have yet to try it out. A pretty software I tried out recently was Elisa (media center application), built entirely in Python. It’s a good app, though not fully functional yet and hosts quite some annoying bugs. But the aesthetics are pleasing.
Today, I got to watch i, Robot movie, featuring Will Smith. Although it’s a quite old movie now (released in 2004), the reason it being a futuristic science fiction attracted me to watch it. Earlier I got several chances to watch the film, but I couldn’t really build up my mind to watch it at those times.
I had suspected the movie to be another of those unrealistic fiction types, but I was certainly proven wrong as the movie proceeded towards the end. Though one cannot easily imagine a world full of human-serving robots and it’s consequences, Isaac Asimov has described that scenario wonderfully in his book i, Robot, on which the film is based. I was surprised to find out later that the original book was first published way back in 1950. Damn! This particular author had a brilliant imagination and creativity at that time too! Of course there is no doubt this and other works of his make him one of the most influential science fiction authors of all time.
The ending of the movie was very good and the script, the events, and Will Smith’s acting (of course) were all well put out. All in all, I really enjoyed the movie and was deeply inspired by it. You just ought to watch it, if you haven’t yet already.
Another good movie I saw recently was Ocean’s Eleven. Ask me honestly and I would say this was the best one I had seen in some past 1-2 years. The story was good, the whole acting crew very good, and the comedy was just fantastic. Add to that the “sophisticated” style acting of George Clooney and the dashing Brad Pitt. And then there was one of may favorites Matt Damon too. All the other artists were good too. So, all in all I really enjoyed watching this movie, so much that I would still love to see it again and again and again and again!
I am impatiently waiting to see Ocean’s Twelve which is the sequel of Ocean’s Eleven. Hey, there is Ocean’s Thirteen too. So, some nice movies are just waiting for me around the corner. 😉