This is the first part of a two-part series. To be continued in Ep. 5.
This episode is hosted by AnuRock. Today we are joined by Rakesh and Gautam to talk about micro frontends.
Gautam Chadha is a hands-on Senior Experience Technology Architect, specialized in building high-performance web applications. He has architected enterprise applications for Financial, Retail and Hospitality clients. He has also worked in multiple implementations of micro-frontends and microservices in Node.js and demand driven design using GraphQL.
- What is a micro frontend?
- Micro frontends vs. library of components
- Independent deployability and testability
- Different approaches to stitch together micro frontends to create a unified application: client-side composition, server-side composition, edge-side includes
- Communication patterns
- State management
- How to compose a page with a couple of components from Frontend A, one from Frontend B, another couple from Frontend C, and so on
- Microservices as an inspiration model
- Core/Platform vs. Domain teams
- Backend for frontend (BFF) strategy
Real-world case study of micro frontends including challenges (by Sudhir Madaan)
Transition music courtesy https://mixkit.co